✅ I am currently open to opportunities, please get in contact if you’d like to chat!
Dan is a software engineer and technology leader who loves building web applications, teams and companies.
- Co-founded Almanac. I built the initial product, contributed to our roadmap and vision, created our hiring pipeline and brought on 15 engineers. Together, we raised a $9m seed round. I also provided technical leadership on our version control and real-time multi-user editing features. Day-to-day, I worked as Head of Engineering, leading our small engineering team to build a platform that competed with Google Docs and Notion.
- CTO of SchoolGuide.co.uk. Responsibility for new feature development, product roadmap, management of subcontractors, data quality, and delivery of 30,000 UK schools worth of data. Technical point of contact for both Rightmove and Mumsnet, two of the UK’s biggest property and parent sites.
- Founded and sold OpenSit, an online meditation community. It was acquired in 2017 and I went on to work with the new team as lead engineer and CTO, building a mindfulness app to assist people struggling with chronic pain.
- Wrote a Perl script at the ripe old age of 15 that was featured in a Linux magazine.
- 8 years experience as a technology leader and CTO.
- Extensive experience working in early-stage startups.
- Building recruiting pipelines, finding engineering talent and cultivating strong engineering cultures.
Beyond the keyboard
- I live in Bristol, UK. Best known for Banksy, funky graffiti and trip-hop.
- I (occassionally) run ultra-marathons. In June 2018, I ran 100km and raised £1200 for the mental health charity, Mind.
- I have practised meditation for 15 years.
- I bake some mean sourdough.