Hello September 🍁
It’s been a busy few weeks on the blog!
- How Restrictive Diets Actually Work—The 5 Principles of Weight Loss. A look at how we really lose weight, and the principles that can get us there without “dieting”
- A Whole Lot of Reasons To Try Huel. Huel is a nutritionally complete shake that I’ve been a fan of for 2 years now. There are a lot of reasons to consider trying it out. Plus: £10 off your first order. You’re welcome.
- How To Breathe Well. Kick stress in the balls by learning what it means to breathe well.
- Why You Should Be Writing in Markdown. Do you write content on the Internet? Then you need to meet the saviour of the web, Markdown.
- Organising Your Blogging With Trello. Looking for a more visual way to organise your world-changing insights? Meet Trello.
Bonus: I wrote a blog for the mental health charity, Mind. I talk about anxiety and how running has helped my mental health.
What I’ve Been Doing
- I’ve been working through the WISER master class in meditation for wisdom. It’s an online course and commmunity run by a good friend, and I can’t recommend it enough. If you tire of Eastern approaches to meditation and want something simple and guided, then this might be for you.
- I decided to diversify my endurance portfolio by signing up for a full Ironman triathlon next year. Current status: learning to swim.
- I chased the Tour of Britain around the Mendips and it hurt. It was an amazing morning out though.
What I’ve Been Reading
- Extreme Athleticism is the New Mid-life Crisis. I would not know anything about that.
- A relevant piece for me as I approach 6 months without drinking: I Quit Drinking And Now I Feel Like I’m Missing The Joke.
What I’ve Been Watching
- The Man With The Halo. Best to go into this not knowing anything. Very inspiring 28-minute watch.
- A natural cure for cancer. Not at all what you think, and a powerful lesson in critical thinking.
- What the world map sounds like on a piano 😂
The Geek’s Guide to Weight Loss
- I have a huge amount of content drafted on weight loss and nutrition. Some will make its way to the blog, but I’m also considering writing a bigger guide, tentatively named The Geek’s Guide To Weight Loss. Interested? I knocked up a very minimal landing page: add your email to stay updated and let me know what you’d want to see in it!
- If you like anything you read on how to human being, please share it! It’s a couple of clicks that really helps me. Building an audience is tough going and anything you can do to send another curious pair of eyes in my direction is hugely appreciated. If you run your own blog/website, you could even add a link to how to human being. What an incredible human you would be then—be sure to reply to this email letting me know so I can effuse further gratitude in your direction.
p.s. how to human being has arrived on twitter. Please follow immediately.
9 Sep 2018