Contemplation, awakening & wisdom.
I have had a spiritual practice in one form or another since I was 22 and a fascination with awakening has been one of the biggest driving forces in my life.
- If you’re new here you can start with What is a mystic?
- If you already have a meditation practice, you might be interested in my Orientations. These are the reflections and reminders I’ve written down for myself over the years, compiled into something like a living, contemplative handbook.
- I am also putting together some writings on the language we use to talk about spirituality, awakening and “non-duality”, and how these ideas shape our practice and perception. Codename: Logos.
- Not out, but through!
- Growth in wisdom is symphonic, not linear
- Robert Anton Wilson on the consciousness transformation at the heart of religion
- Anattā does not mean 'there is no self'
- Buddha and Parmenides on the deathless
- What is a mystic?
- The 3 stages of Insight Meditation
- Meditation on the breath
- What is meditation?
- Because we care
- Answering the demand
- The self is always implied, never experienced
- Three-week meditation work retreat at Gaia House
- Snake Arising
- 10 day Vipassana meditation retreat at Dhamma Dipa
- The magicians